[PD] GEM: writing an image different from the one displayed

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 17:53:56 CET 2009

IOhannes m zmoelnig escribió:
> Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:
>> Ok, IOhannes' patch seems to be what I was looking for, however I have
>> the following problems:
>>
>> - The patch out-of-the-box saves unreadable tiffs just like Jack's
>
> which OS?

Windows Vista :(

>> - By sending it a [file something 95( to pix_writer in order to have
>> jpegs saved instead of tiffs, which DOES work with [pix_write], pd
>> crashes!!!!!

> it's really the same object as [pix_write], just without the snap-code.

Then the strange thing is that Jack's patch with pix_write does not
crash when saving jpegs (it saves black images but i guess it might be
some trivial error in the patch) while your patch with pix_writer
does.... How may I avoid the crash???
It does not crash when I send the [file ...( message but when I try to
save the first snapshot after it.

Where can I find some documentation more detailed than the help patches
in order to understand the mechanisms? I get quite lost when trying to
understand how your patch (for example) works. I more or less understand
the notion of gem chain, gem list, and, for example, separators, but I
still get lost when [gemframebuffer] enters the scene, I don't even
fully understand why it is needed at all in your patch, for example......

Thanks again and again

--
Matteo Sisti Sette
matteosistisette at gmail.com