[PD] GEM: writing an image different from the one displayed

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 16:46:58 CET 2009

Jack escribió:
> Can you try this patch (this is the IOhannes patch) with very small
> modifications.

It works fine now, even with jpeg (sending [file somefilename 95( )
As usual, tiffs are unreadable but i don't care since I want jpegs.

However I don't quite understand it: it uses pix_snap AND pix_write
(without 'r'): isn't pix_write supposed to work without the need for a
pix_snap?

And if I replace pix_write with pix_writer (in this last patch without
any other change) it again does crash saving jpegs.....

I see you have changed the trigger order of pix_snap sending it first
the bang and then the list, haven't you, but not on the pix_write......
is there a reason?

I think this solves my problem however I don't understand the whole picture

BY THE WAY one thing that I was missing in all my tests is that you have
to explicitly set pix_snap 'window' (pos and size) to the size of the
gemframebuffer (or gemwin); i would expect (am I the only one?) the
default value to be the size of the framebuffer, but it isnt: it seems
it is some fixed vaule. That should be documented. A lot of things
should be documented...

--
Matteo Sisti Sette
matteosistisette at gmail.com