[PD] GEM instability hell was:Re: GEM: writing an image different from the one displayed

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 18:14:06 CET 2009

So first of all it seems that pix_write doesn't crash when saving if I
set the creation arguments with the size of the pix (same as the
pix_snap that precedes it). Note that pix_writer crashes anyway.

However, after minimizing the window and maximizing it again, the
"wish84 application" crashed.

I attach the crashing patch, just in case anyone can find the cause of
the crash.

I had been working with gem for years with a very old unofficial version
(2006) which seemed the only stable one, and it never crashed, but I
hadn't ever used pix_snap nor gemframebuffer nor pix_write. Now with the
last version it seems you can't trust it, everything makes it crash....
I'm considering doing the whole thing in Flash, and that would be a
shame....

Do you know of some relatively recent stable version? Or is it one of
these three objects that is unstable?

--
Matteo Sisti Sette
matteosistisette at gmail.com