[PD] [GEM-dev] Blending mode directly on objects, not pixes?

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 18:23:02 CET 2009

Max escribió:
> well, you've asked for the simple way....

Ok I just hoped there was a simple way to achieve add and multiply as well.
So can I assume ther isn't?

> other than that the solution is pretty much outlined in your question already.

Do I have to learn glsl programming?

Would that allow me to do it in a more "direct" way THAN rendering the
background into a gemframebuffer and combining textures with pix_add and
pix_multiply? Or would it, at the end, be almost equivalent?

(by "direct" I mean technically more direct, not "easier" which is a
very subjective concept)

I'll try to formulate my question in a way that makes more sense... By
using glsl programming, would I be able to just 'tell the rectangle' how
to blend with its background, or would I end up combining textures anyway?
(does it make more sense now?)

Thanks
m.

--