[PD] question about external free functions

Rich E reakinator at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 19:03:48 CET 2009

Hi,

Can anyone help me understand why an external's free function doesn't seem
to be called if pd is shut down as a whole (ex. ctrl-q)?  I put post's,
printf's, and breakpoints in my free function and they are called if I
remove the external from the patch or the patch as a whole (ex. ctrl-w).
But, if I shut down pd all at once, the breakpoint doesn't trigger and I
don't get any print.  The same thing happens in a flext external, within the
~Destructor method. I don't understand.

Regards,
Rich