[PD] [GEM-dev] Blending mode directly on objects, not pixes?

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 19:32:00 CET 2009

Matteo Sisti Sette escribió:

> A) Use several [rectangle]s on a plane, get a snapshot of the
> framebuffer and put it into a texture
> B) manipulate the camera input as pix, or as texture, and compose a
> bigger pix, so only at the very end, for displaying, you would use a
> rectangle
> ?

Hmmmm I can't seem to find any pix_ object that would help building the
(B) approach.
Isn't any of the following possible???
- create an "empty" image of a given size (so that yoy can then draw on
top of it.... for example [pix_rectangle] draws a filled rectangle on an
existing pix, so it seems to me quite strange that you can't create an
empty pix: do you have to load an empty image into a [pix_image]?)
- "join" two pixes of the same size (or at least with one dimension in
common) by "concatenating" them either horizontally or vertically
- "print" a (presumably smaller) image on top of a (presumably bigger)
one, i.e. fill a region of a pix with the pixels taken from another pix,
starting at a given offset point

Obviously the second function could be implemented in terms of the first
and third.

--
Matteo Sisti Sette
matteosistisette at gmail.com