[PD] GEM instability hell

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Nov 28 21:00:05 CET 2009

On Sat, 28 Nov 2009, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:
> Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:
>> IOhannes m zmölnig escribió:
>>> you are using vista: try rebooting :-)
>> Indeed after rebooting it stopped crashing....
> it's sad when stupid jokes come true.

What stupid joke?
It's not stupid and it's not a joke.

I've had similar problems with Linux sometimes. They almost always were
because of buggy apps that failed to free their shared memory allocations
(and failed to set them on auto-free) when sending images through XSHM. I
don't recall whether I had to restart X11 or restart the whole system
though. Perhaps there was also a limit of SHM usage that I could have
increased somewhere, but I didn't know, so I just rebooted.