[PD] Blending mode directly on objects, not pixes?

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 15:43:47 CET 2009

IOhannes m zmölnig escribió:

> yep. you should be able to control this on low level with
> [GEMglBlendFunc]

It seems I must first enable blending using glEnable, that is, I guess,
[GEMglEnable]

Having a look at this link
http://pyopengl.sourceforge.net/documentation/manual/glEnable.3G.html
(there are probably better resources but I found this one with google),
I understand I have to send it (through the right inlet I guess) a value
that corresponds to the constant GL_BLEND, which is the "capability" I
need to enable.

Now the question is (and it extends to all [GEMglAnything] objects): how
do I pass these constant values? I guess I cannot use symbolic names,
can i? If not, then I need to figure out the corresponding numeric
value??? Where do I find them? (they are usually intentionally not
disclosed in most documentation...)

Another question: once I figure out how to enable blending and set the
proper blending function, will I be able to enable it "under" a
[gemframebuffer] only? (that is, so that things that are under that
gemframebuffer are rendered using a blend function while chains
"outside" the gemframebuffer, rendered directly to the gemwin, are
rendered in the standard non-blending fashion)

Thanks
m.

--
Matteo Sisti Sette