[PD] (GEM) color invasion

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 18:35:21 CET 2009

Hi,

Consider the following patch, where the [gemhead] is connected to all
[separator]s (I'm not so good with ascii-art):

[gemhead]
[separator]          [separator]         [separator]
  |                    |                     |
[color 1 0 0]         |                     |
  |                    |                     |
[translateXYZ...]    [translateXYZ...]      |
  |                    |                     |
[square 2]           [square 2]            [square 2]

(with suitable values in translations so that all squares are visible)

The 'issue' is that all squares are red.
Is it normal/expected???

I would expect only the square in the left chain to be red.

Is it that [separator] only separates certain things and does not
separate others? If so, where can I find a list (or a rule) that tells
me what it separates and what not?

You may suggest that I can create separate [gemhead]s, but if I want the
resulting scene( to be rendered into a texture all chains must be
"children" of a single [gemframebuffer] and so of a single [gemhead] and
I can only "separate" them with [separator]s.

So up to now my only solution is to put a [color 1 1 1] on every object
that I don't want to be coloured, but that's a bit unhandy....

--
Matteo Sisti Sette
matteosistisette at gmail.com
http://www.matteosistisette.com