[PD] [GEM-dev] (GEM) color invasion

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 19:15:56 CET 2009

cyrille henry escribió:

> separator only separate geometry.
> pix_separator separate textures.
>
> i think nothing separate the color.

So am I the only one who misses an object that just "separate
everything"????

By the way, as far as I have experimented, separator also "separates"
[GEMglBlendFunc], that is, this object applied after a separator,
affects the blending function only of the "subchain" under it, and does
not apply to other "subchains", no matter the trigger order.
(fortunately for me)

Another thing that [separator] does separate independently of trigger
order, is [alpha]. (fortunately again)

So, since I can't tell whether blending and alpha belong to "geometry"
or to "textures" (I'd say none) the question remains of which things
(not related to geometry) [separator] separates.

And by the way, what's the philosophical justification for [color] not
being separated and [alpha] being separated?

> use trigger then.

Well that would oblige me to render things in a given order (namely the
coloured square last in this case) that may conflict with other order
requirements.

That is, the fact of applying certain things to a given subchain
shouldn't be necessarily vinculated to the fact of implying a certain
rendering order: they are two different concept and independent
requirement... no?

--
Matteo Sisti Sette
matteosistisette at gmail.com