[PD] video server that can be controlled from OSC

altern altern2 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 19:05:36 CET 2009

Hi

for an interactive installation constructed with PureData we developed
using OpenFrameworks an app that allows to display and control videos,
images and webcam video streams. We controlled it via OSC with a set of
messages from PureData, so we wrote a PD patch that explains all OSC
messages but also some abstractions that wrap the OSC messages into some
objects, again this is to be used by students woth little knowledge of
PD. I also wanted to implement some movement detection but since this
was not finally used in the installation it is not really working well.

All this could be done with GEM but we needed to get the sound track of
the video files played with the video. I just thought it would be nice
to share it so this is the download link for the source and binaries.
Detailed info about the OSC messages and all features implemented are
included in the readme file within the download folder

http://ixi-audio.net/content/download/oscVideoServer

any coments are welcome

enrike