[PD] FT232 and PD (OSX)

Felix Obée felix at amphibiousthoughts.com
Mon Dec 7 18:46:59 CET 2009

Thanks for the help everybody!

As I understand it, the Arduino uses the FT232 for communication with the computer. So it should be recognized by pd and comport. I'll do some soldering and see, what I get.

http://arduino.cc/en/Main/MiniUSB

Is there a further documentation for the comport object, apart from Martins helpfile?
I'm also missing a quick reference guide. Somehow OSX has hidden all pd-files from me (probably somewhere root?) and some overview would be nice.

The project will hopefully be well documented to the last resistor. Right now we're working on synchronizing the switching to the 0-phase of the sound played, to avoid producing crackles when switching.

cheers
ff