[PD] pix_mulitblob and matrix

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Dec 9 11:50:35 CET 2009

olsen wrote:
> hi
> thanks to IOhannes indications i'm feeding my pix_mulitblob output into
> the iemmatrix now. as long as there're enough blobs in the picture it
> works pretty nice. but as soon as there're less blobs than given in the
> argument to pix_multiblob i get:
> error: $43: argument number out of range
> error: $44: argument number out of range

without looking at the patch, i can tell you that this is because you
are actually _not_ using iemmatrix for handling the matrix.
instead your patch tries to manually parse the data using dollargs and
whatelse; which obviously fails if there are too few arguments (because
the matrix is too small)

> for all the arguments of undetected blobs. and as soon as there's no
> blob in the picture the pd-shell reports:
> matrix : corrupt matrix passed

this indicates that you _are_ using iemmatrix here.
if no blobs are detected, pix_multiblob will output a somewhat illegal
matrix with zero rows (and a number of columns).

now iemmatrix complains that this is not a legal matrix.
probably putting a [mtx_check] helps to get rid of the error (or not)

> do i do something wrong?

no.

fgmasdr
IOhannes