[PD] Advice on how to handle latency in linux with Pd, jack and ardour

Justin Glenn Smith noisesmith at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 20:41:01 CET 2009

Jack cannot automatically know that PD is reading from jack and then sending back to re-record. Because of how jack is designed, there is an inevitable and predictable delay there - determined by jack, not by pd.

This has been brought up, ardour already automatically compensates for ladspa plugin latency when it has the proper information, so the infrastructure is theoretically there (ideally they could add a "one jack period worth of latency correction" toggle to the UI for each track).