[PD] Puredata Extended dependencies installing problem in Xubuntu

Fernando Gadea fgadea at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 03:41:38 CET 2009

Hi!

I am trying to install Puredata in a "just installed and updated" Xubuntu.
I have tryed these versions from http://puredata.info/downloads: Ubuntu
Hardy, Jaunty and Debian's Stable Lenny, and all of them gives me the
following error.

Error: La dependencia no se puede satisfacer: ttf-bitstream-vera
("Error: the dependency could not be satisfyed")

After searching for it in the web, downloading and installing this font,
several dependency errors follow, and the list seems unfinishable (I
didn't finish it).

This problem does not show up with the vanilla version downloadable with
"Install and Remove Applications" in Xubuntu.

Does anybody knows anything about this problem? Should I satisfy all
dependencies? Does Puredata work only with this particular font?

Best! (and thankyou for any tip)

My sistem data:
Xubuntu 9.10
HP Pavilion dv1680 - Intel Centrino T2400 Core Duo 1.83 Ghz 1 Gb RAM