[PD] pd-extended is not extended

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 17:17:18 CET 2009

Hi,

I installed PD-extended on Windows Vista: I simply downloaded and ran
the installer without changing any setting.

Now I run pd-extended, I create a new patch and try to create the
following objects which I believe should all exist:
[gemwin], [gemhead]
[timeroll]
[range]
[readdir]
[dirpanel]

None of them can be created. It seems like it is not "loading" the
externals.
I may be wrong about timelorr, range, readdir, but the first two are gem
objects, so at least it is not running GEM. Also [dirpanel] was
suggested to me by someone in the list.
Isn't PD-Extended supposed to be already "configured" out-of-the-box to
load all the included externals and libraries? (isn't it half all
pd-extended is about, the other half being actually including the
externals and libraries?) Including bnlt GEM?

I'm confused. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks
m.

--