[PD] pd-extended is not extended

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 20:46:12 CET 2009

Hans-Christoph Steiner escribió:

> Your preferences aren't set to the default because its not trying to
> load the libraries.  [import] is compiled into Pd-extended, that's why
> its loaded.  The default prefs are included in that .reg file in Program
> Files\Pd.

However, I have executed that .reg file (it said "these settings have
been correctly added to the register", or whatever), and still, pd
extended doesn't load the libraries.

If loading the libraries is the default setting, then it means that:
1) somehow I have set it otherwise in the past
2) executing the .reg file doesn't restore the default setting properly

(1) seem to me very strange because I have no idea of how to change this
setting (telling pd not to load libraries) and never felt the necessity
to do it
and also (2) is quite strange isn't it?

How else can I restore default settings? Or can the issue be another one?

 > FYI, It doesn't need to be in English since it uses the
> %ProgramFiles% env var, which on Italian would be set to \programmi.

Yeah, well I meant that I have installed it in the system's "special"
program file directory in C: where all programs are installed, which in
Vista is actually called "Program Files" even if it is displayed with a
translated name when browsing it in explorer ("Archivos de Programa" in
my case since my computer is spanish); previously I had it installed in
another disk, in a folder that I called "programmi" (since I am italian)
which has no special meaning for the system.
However that doesn't seem to be the problem, that was just a try.

--
Matteo Sisti Sette
matteosistisette at gmail.com
http://www.matteosistisette.com