[PD] A present

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sun Dec 27 03:09:52 CET 2009

On Dec 26, 2009, at 1:29 PM, zmoelnig at iem.at wrote:

> Quoting "cyrille henry" <ch at chnry.net>:
>

>> zmoelnig at iem.at a écrit :
>>> should be fairly simple to write an abstraction that wraps
>>> vanilla's [wrap] into the zexy version.
>>

>> wrap is problematic, because if you use the zexy version, and then
>> use your patch on an other computer without zexy : you will not
>> have any warning and your patch may not work.
>

> i know,l but i cannot do anything short of rolling back the time.
>

>> usually, you have an error because of missing object...
>>

> i would suggest that the vanilla [wrap] should refuse to create (or
> at least throw a serious warning) when it is invoked with arguments.
>
> or even better: the vanilla wrap would just clone the behaviour of
> zexy's wrap.
> while the code for it is right now GPL, i would consider dual-
> licensing it under BSD in order to get it into vanilla :-)

zexy's [wrap] gets it wrong by having only two inlets and using a list
to set the min/max.  [wrap] is very similar to [clip], so it should
have the same interface for the args and inlets.  zexy's [wrap] has
the same arg structure, but not the same inlet structure.  See my
other email for a complete proposal, [wrap], zexy vs. vanilla.

.hc