[PD] using the same shader in multiple places

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 20:55:26 CET 2010

IOhannes m zmölnig escribió:

> obviously it shouldn't crash at all.
> could you post the crashing patch? (preferrably in the sf bug tracker)

Sorry for forgetting about this thread (which I started).
After finding and removing more errors in the shader code (which
actually prevented it from compiling but also caused the crash so I
couldn't see the compile errors) it stopped crashing.
An "isolated" version of the patch with just the offending shader won't
crash (it displayed the errors, that's how I found them).

I'm not sure I can reproduce the crashing version. Even if I can, in
these cases I don't know what to post in the bug tracker: a bug report
titled "gem crashes with this patch" and attached a complicated and
unreadable patch?

Thanks for the answers; indeed I guessed the multiple-shader thing is
legal since it almost works - now I'm having problems (I think) with
correctly indexing textures with "texunit" when pix_snap is used.

--
Matteo Sisti Sette
matteosistisette at gmail.com
http://www.matteosistisette.com