[PD] [GEM-dev] gl stack underflow

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 21:27:50 CET 2010

Well it seems that:

- by avoiding texunit 0 and (probably unnecessarily) 1, I have actually
resolved the weird interactions with [pix_snap]
- I still have stack underflows and overflows printed at each frame
which I'll investigate but it's probably not causing any "visible" issue
- What was still driving me crazy is that I didn't know that I have to
take into account that the texture size is actually the next power of
two of the expected image size.

Since using [pix_texture] you don't have to worry about "padded" image
size, AND since ALL glsl examples in Gem use 512x512 images, gently
"avoiding" the problem, I naively thought that a MxN image used as a
texture would simply have its M pixels spanning the [0,1] range in the x
axis (and same for N on y).

Is there some "standard" way, some utility function or something, to
deal with non-power-of-two size textures? or have I to explicitely write
the calculations to get the correct coordinates? I think I can do that,
but if I can have the machine do it for me I prefer that :)

Thanks
m.