[PD] 'relocate' message

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Jan 4 07:50:20 CET 2010

On Jan 3, 2010, at 1:14 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> On Jan 2, 2010, at 8:22 PM, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

So I restored the old relocate message, and added a new message which
the GUI now uses a new message 'whxy'.  'whxy' stands for Width/Height/
X/Y.  Width/Height is the size of the window, and (x,y) is where the
upper-left corner is located:

whxy width height xPosition yPosition
whxy 450 300 0 22

I am now thinking that perhaps I should make it called 'setbounds'
after the old internal function, and make it mirror that:

     canvas_setbounds(x, xpos, ypos, xpos + width, ypos + height);

i.e. "setbounds Xleft Ytop Xright Ybottom"

If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all others of
it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into
the possession of everyone, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself
of it.            - Thomas Jefferson