[PD] Which pd-extended on Jaunty (64)?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Jan 4 20:12:01 CET 2010

I don't think anyone really likes dealing with build issues, but
someone has to do it :-D.  I was thinking that we should make a pd-
extended PPA on Ubuntu's Launchpad.  Then we can get i386, amd64, and
lpia builds from their servers.  That means making a Pd-extended
Debian source package.  Anyone want to take it on?

.hc

On Jan 3, 2010, at 12:58 PM, András Murányi wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> After my Odyssey (with your support) to compile extended on amd64 I
> still had some basic problems with it, namely:
> - Didn't like each other with the gui-rewrite
> - The GUI was very slow!
> ...so I decided to try an i386 autobuild, but Pd-0.42.5-extended-
> ubuntu-jaunty-i386.deb throws this error:
>
> Application initialization failed: Can't find a usable init.tcl in
> the following directories:
>     /usr/lib/pd/tcl/library /usr/share/tcltk/tcl8.5 ./lib/tcl8.5 ./
> lib/tcl8.5 ./library ./library ./tcl8.5.0/library ./tcl8.5.0/library
>
> /usr/share/tcltk/tcl8.5/init.tcl: version conflict for package
> "Tcl": have 8.5.0, need exactly 8.5.6
> version conflict for package "Tcl": have 8.5.0, need exactly 8.5.6
>     while executing
> "package require -exact Tcl 8.5.6"
>     (file "/usr/share/tcltk/tcl8.5/init.tcl" line 20)
>     invoked from within
> "source /usr/share/tcltk/tcl8.5/init.tcl"
>     ("uplevel" body line 1)
>     invoked from within
> "uplevel #0 [list source $tclfile]"
>
> This probably means that Tcl wasn't installed properly.
>
> Now my Tcl is 8.5.6, had even reinstalled it.
>
> To tell you the truth, I'm not so much into compiling or doing
> tricks now*, I just want to get my hands on a well working copy and
> make music.
>
> Can you give me some advice? Jaunty, amd64.
>
> Thanks, Andras
>
> *because I got the cold :o/

The arc of history bends towards justice.     - Dr. Martin Luther
King, Jr.