[PD] can't process pix_data after a pix_set - is it normal??

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 15:42:10 CET 2010

Hi,

If I use [pix_2grey], or [pix_contrast], or any other pix_object that
process pix data, after a [pix_set] object, I would expect it to process
the pix data generated by pix_set.
For example, if I use pix_set to create a 2x2 image of all red pixels,
and then connect a [pix_grey], I would expect the image to be converted
to gray.
Shouldn't I????

However, it seems that any processing objects after a [pix_set] have no
effect - the pixels remain unchanged.
Is it a bug or is there an explanation, and in the latter case, how
should one do to process the pix created with pix_set?

Check out the attached example: on the right I use a [pix_image] to load
a 2x2 red image; pix_2grey changes it to grey.
On the left I do the same but instead of loading a 2x2 red image I
create it with [pix_set]. In this case [pix_grey] has no effect.
You can replace [pix_grey] with pix_contrast or any pix processing
object, the result will be the same.

Just confused.

Thanks
m.