[PD] VST plugins in pd

Austin Huang austinvh at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 17:02:04 CET 2010

Hello PD users,

I am using PD under windows. I'm new to this list, but I've been dabbling in
max/msp and PD for a while now.

I know there are some options for loading VST plugins in pd. I downloaded
vst~ and I seem to be able to load it into the patcher but I can't find
documentation or a home page for it anywhere. I've also heard of a plugin~
external but I haven't found many details on that either.

At a curiosity, since vsti/vst support would massively expand the power,
usability, and appeal of PD, why isn't vst support part of the pd-extended
distribution?

Thanks,
Austin