[PD] help browser rewrite

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri Jan 8 00:23:52 CET 2010

So I am in the midst of rewriting the Help Browser to make it based on
which libraries are installed and usable, i.e which libraries can be
found in the global path.  For me, the key part is making it
dynamically built and based on the libraries that are in use.  I don't
have a strong idea of other parts.

The idea is to make it based around the libdir/dirlib approach of
having all files for a library in a single folder with a standardized
but easy structure.  Here's a basic outline of that structure as it
stands now:

http://puredata.info/docs/developer/Libdir/

Right now, I am thinking that the top level of the help browser will
have special sections for the classic pd-vanilla docs (1.manual,
2.control.examples, etc.) another special section for tutorials of any
kind, then all of the libraries and stray help patches found in the
path.