[PD] Installing PD on Linux: Addons? Colors? Interface?

meino.cramer at gmx.de meino.cramer at gmx.de
Fri Jan 8 06:57:13 CET 2010

Hi,

 Happy New Year ! :)

 this is my first post to this list and I am also
 right at the beginning to explore PureData.

 I want to use PureData as a synthesizer for sounds
 and I will not use the midi interface, since I have
 no keyboard...

 I am using a up-to-date Gentoo-Linux with linux
 kernel 2.6.31.11. .

 As a starting point I compiled and installed
 the vanilla-version of PureData on the system
 manually and it "works" (read: I was able to get a sine
 wave sound via alsa).

 So far so nice! :)

 The interface is pure black and white.

 But on the net I saw wonderful colored snapshots of the interface.

 Have I forgotten to install something extra, an addon
 for example, a plugin or...?

 Thank you very much for any help in advance!

 Best regards,
 mcc