[PD] Patching in fragments

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 8 19:31:30 CET 2010

Cool.  When I use the keyboard shortcut "o", something seems different
about [osc~] but I can't quite put my finger on it (see attached) :)

Is there a way for the Tcl plugin to tell pd to use the key bindings only
in editmode, and only when there isn't an active cursor in an object or
message box?  Also, can the Tcl plugin do things like dangle the object
from the mouse pointer (without using the mouse message hack) and remove
the object (without the cut message hack)?

The behavior I'm after is this:
1) click the shortcut key and the object fragment dangles from the
mouse(or it gets put on the canvas and is selected).
2) if the same key is pressed again, that object is removed and the next
object fragment associated with that key dangles from the mouse (or gets
put on the canvas, selected).
3) if a different shortcut key is pressed, the fragment gets put on the
canvas (unselected) and the new fragment dangles from the mouse.

I can get that behavior in my abstraction, but it messes with the
clipboard data, plus it's dangerous because if you have part of your
patch selected and you hit a shortcut key that part of the patch is lost
(and you can't undo it!).

-Jonathan