[PD] changing the 'editmode' message

Stephen Lucas s9lucas at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 01:17:22 CET 2010

I agree that 0 makes much more sense for turning off.

I've always found it easiest to put [; (patch name) editmode 1, (commands),
editmode 0] into one message box so that I would always avoid problems, but
it makes sense to fix it anyway.

On the same topic, last time I experimented with this command, I found it
necessary to put "vis 1" and "vis 0" surrounding my editmode commands if the
edited patch wasn't already visible. This seemed to make sense to me at the
time, but it could be cumbersome to deal with in situations where the edited
patch may or may not need to be/stay visible.

I've experienced no graphical problems due to the "vis" messages (when
they're that fast), but in any case where you might like to delay between
the editing commands, you would probably need to resend the "vis" and
"editmode" commands to avoid having the edited window pop up momentarily.

-Stephen