[PD] URGENT! :Overlap add synthesis

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Jan 10 11:21:48 CET 2010

Hallo,
Gün KARAGÖZ hat gesagt: // Gün KARAGÖZ wrote:
> I have created frames database in Matlab. I get IR and button data of
> Wiimote to control overlap-add period. I want to realize Time Domain
> Pitch Synchronous OverLap Add (TD-PSOLA) algorithm in pd
>
> I will get overlap period data from Wiimote IR data.
>
> For example, I have four frames. All 4 frames have different
> T0(period) values. When I put it them in order, I decide by Wiimote
> data which frames will be mixed by position. And also Wiimote data
> gives me the T0(period) of TD-PSOLA.
>
> e.g.
> T01=100, T02=300, T03=650, T04=900
> wiimoteData= 250
> newFrame=((300-250)*frame1+(250-100)*frame2)/(200)
> olaPeriod= wiimoteData=250
>
> newFrame continously overlap-add synthesized by olaPeriod. As the
> wiimoteData changes, calculation of newFrame is done again. newFrame
> is sent to DAC.
>
> The problem is how can I do overlapAdd syhthesis in Pd?

I think, what you try to do here is described in Miller's book as an
overlapping sampler. You will need to do some number mangling, but the general
principle is in Chapter 2 of it:
http://crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/techniques/latest/book-html/node26.html

So basically you just generate several phase shifted phasor signals from a
single [phasor~] object using multiplication and [wrap~] (the "overlap" step)
and  use these to look up the windowing signals and the source signals from
some tables, then add these signals again by simply using [+~] (the "add"
step).

Ciao
--
Frank