[PD] pd extended on Vista

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 18:34:13 CET 2010

Hi,

Has anybody been able to install and use PD Extended on Vista and if so,
how did you do it?

Here are the troubles I have been having:

1) I downloaded and run the installer package, and when I run PD
Extended, it was not extended, that is, it wouldn't load the libraries.

2) Then I executed the "pd-settings.reg" file but nothing changed

3) Then I figured out that the .reg file was putting the settings in a
key, while the program was actually loading them from another key, in
the registry

4) So I manually modified the .reg file and executed it so that it would
put the loadlib keys in the correct place.

5) And it did, but PD still would load the libraries

6) Then I noticed that, though the "loadlib" keys had been modified
correctly, the "nloadlib" key still was "1" (though in the file there IS
a line to change it to 35, but for some reason it didn't work). Same for
npath that was still at 0 instead of 1 (and the one font path was set
correctly)

7) So I changed manually the "nloadlib" registry key to 35 and the
"npath" to 1

8) Now PD hangs at startup: I open it and it becomes unresponsive. It
doesn't even output any message to the console, not even the
[import]-related one that it used to print even when it didn't load the
libraries. I cannot even close it, I have to use Task Manager to kill it

Anybody else using Vista?

thanks
m.

--