[PD] Jack ins and outputs

Michal Seta mis at artengine.ca
Sun Jan 10 19:08:43 CET 2010

You could always use a shell script to connect your ports after Pd has
launched (either using jack.plumbing or jack_connect).  Arguably, this
would be a preferred way of dealing with such issue on linux rather
than providing specific externals.  Also note that on pd-extended
there is already an abstraction called [output~] that provides some
GUI trivia to  [dac~] (volume, mute buttons etc) but is hard-coded to
provide a stereo [dac~], I am not sure where it comes from.

Alternatively, you could also use qjackctl's patchbay to save your
connections if you prefer a GUI.

./MiS

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 1:25 AM, tdrecordable <gateswideopen at gmail.com> wrote:
> yeah, can do that but my sound card(RME Multiface)  has 18 or something
> ins/outs. so that makes it a bit annoying when using those outs for hardware
> patching.
>
> On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 9:40 PM, Andrew Faraday <jbturgid at hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> usually, [dac~] with a specific argument does just that. Your output jacks
>> are defined by your hardware. so [dac~ 1 2] is the default, stereo out. but
>> you could do [dac~ 4] etc.
>>
>> ________________________________
>> Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 17:45:09 +1100
>> From: gateswideopen at gmail.com
>> To: pd-list at iem.at
>> Subject: [PD] Jack ins and outputs
>>
>> Is there a way to make a jack specific output~ rather than dac~. If so
>> would it possible create the jack port dynamically rather than setting
>> outchannels flags at startup?
>> ...oh yeah, on linux

./MiS
514-344-0726