[PD] Pd-GUI-Rewrite 0.43 status: usable

András Murányi muranyia at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 17:53:46 CET 2010

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 11:02 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>wrote:

> There has been lots of work on the 0.43 Pd GUI Rewrite, and it should be
> quite useable now.  Please try it for any daily patching and report any
> issues that you might have so that they can be fixed.  There is a bunch of
> fun new stuff possible with plugins, like you can bind to any key, for
> example make "O" give you an [osc~] and "P" give you a [pack] while Ctrl-O
> and Ctrl-P keep their original meanings.
>
> For a more complete ChangeLog and links to nightly builds, see:
> http://puredata.info/dev/PdGuiRewrite

Then it may be time to examine why on my AMD64 system neither my own-built
pd, neither others' 64-bit pd binaries are willing to cooperate with the
rewrite. I have tried all 64-bit builds i could get my hands on but the
rewrite refused to load the libs from any of them.

Anyone who successfully used pd with pd-gui-rewrite on 64-bit?

Andras