[PD] Retrieving MIDI Notes out of MIDI Numbers

Pedro Oliveira hello at partidoalto.net
Mon Jan 11 22:57:47 CET 2010

Hello People,

this is my first post in this list so far, even though I've been playing
around with Puredata for a couple of months... and I've been only recently
on the list and I have to say that I'm learning a lot with you :)

I'm sorry if this is somehow a newbie question (I'm forever a newbie), but I
searched for it and perhaps found the answer on Pd's forum, which is
offline... so here it goes:

is there an object, or maybe an abstraction, to retrieve a MIDI Note's name
out of its MIDI Value? For instance, a 60 would retrieve me "C4" (roughly
speaking) and so on? I think that MAX has such object, but maybe I'm missing
something in Pd's documentation...

thanks in advance!

--
Pedro Oliveira