[PD] [OT] CMJ articles--greatest hits?

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Tue Jan 12 20:41:53 CET 2010

Howdy all,

I've been working at the KHM in Cologne once a month, and dipping into
their fantastic library. They seem to have a full archive of the
Country--err, ummm I mean Computer Music Journal on the shelves. I
already checked out the Dan Slater article on chaotic synthesis, and I'm
wondering if anyone here has some other "greatest hits" they'd be
interested in sharing from this journal.

My areas of interest would be stochastic/aleotoric composition, tendency
masks, granular synthesis, chaotic synthesis, anything to do with analog
synthesizers and interesting visualization techniques (digital or
analog...such as the phase space visualizations, for example).

Ditto for Leonardo Journal, although I haven't checked to see what they
have for this one. Recommendations of other music, sound or science+art
journals to look over also welcome.

Best from Cologne!
Derek

--