[PD] Pd-GUI-Rewrite 0.43 status: usable

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 14 02:40:23 CET 2010

It happens with help-intro.pd, and it also happens sometimes when I
open about 18 of the help patches at a time from the reference folder.
Sometimes if I try to close one of the patches, part of that patch
goes blank but it doesn't finish closing, and I have to kill pd.

I tried to make a really lengthy patch to see if that was the problem,
and it wasn't.  But I found a different problem: if I open the
attached patch, select all, and just hold down shift-<down-arrow> for
awhile (30 secs), I get the following error:

(Tcl) UNHANDLED ERROR: wrong # args: should be ". option ?arg arg ...?"
    while executing
"."
    ("uplevel" body line 471)
    invoked from within
"uplevel #0 $cmd_from_pd"
(Tcl) INVALID COMMAND NAME: invalid command name "xa5c6e8.c"
    while executing
"xa5c6e8.c coords .xa5c6e8.ta3b0f8R 151 3582 183 3582 183 3601 151 3601 151 3582"
    ("uplevel" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"uplevel #0 $cmd_from_pd"

Then some of the text inside object boxes get screwy looking until I
minimize the patch, then it looks fine.

-Jonathan