[PD] Pd-GUI-Rewrite 0.43 status: usable

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jan 14 11:19:26 CET 2010

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> There has been lots of work on the 0.43 Pd GUI Rewrite, and it should be
> quite useable now.  Please try it for any daily patching and report any
> issues that you might have so that they can be fixed.  There is a bunch
> of fun new stuff possible with plugins, like you can bind to any key,
> for example make "O" give you an [osc~] and "P" give you a [pack] while
> Ctrl-O and Ctrl-P keep their original meanings.

sounds cool.
but how does this help me with my ordinary patching problems?

e.g.
Ctrl-1 to create a print object
Ctrl-2 to create a numberbox
try to connect the numberbox with the print object...the circle
indicating a found outlet appears, but i cannot draw a chord; instead
the number changes.
if i try to do this with a msgbox, the msgbox is clicked.

i tried to unwind all recent changes (until beginning of the year), but
still no luck.
i removed all the startup plugins, but still no luck.

tried with 8.4 and 8.5 on debian squeeze/sid.

ah ja: and i create an object (e.g. [f]) i cannot click besides the
object anymore to instantiate it; the only way to do that is to either
leave edit-mode (Ctrl-E) or create another thing (e.g. Ctrl-1)

i cannot select anything anymore.

what happened?

fmgasdr
IOhannes