[PD] Pd-extended, Ubuntu Studio 9.10?

J. Simon van der Walt tedthetrumpet at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 13:06:06 CET 2010

I'm on a slow learning curve here, a mac user experimenting with Linux on an
MSI Wind U100 clone (Advent 4211-c). So far I have Ubuntu Studio 9.10 up and
running. Pd is included, but it seems to be a vanilla version, and I really
need various libraries.

It seems that there is currently no package for Pd-extended in the ubuntu
repositories. So, I uninstalled pd (vanilla) in Synaptic Package Manager,
and downloaded and installed this instead;

http://autobuild.puredata.info/auto-build/latest/Pd-0.42.5-extended-ubuntu-k
armic-i386.deb

It basically seems to launch and work. However, by default, it seems to
launch with no libraries. When I add libraries to, whatever you call it,
that page where you add libraries, only Gem seems successful, otherwise I
get errors, for instance;

cyclone: can't load library

The files would all seem to be there in usr/lib/pd. What now?

tia

--
J. Simon van der Walt    -----     Composer
<http://www.jsimonvanderwalt.com>