[PD] create folder implementation

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 16:11:42 CET 2010

Matteo Sisti Sette escribió:
> Hans-Christoph Steiner escribió:
>>
>> I wrote an external called [sys_gui] that allows you to send Tcl to the
>> GUI from Pd. While you can't (yet?) use {} you can use "" and [] and
>> that gets you a long way.
>
> GREAT! I think that solves all my "problems" :)

Oh no!!!! Almost!

If I create a directory and then, _immediately_ after (in the same
message tree, after 0 logical time), I send a [write ...( message to a
[textfile] to save a file into the newly created folder, it fails
because (I guess) the creation of the folder is "non-blocking" (so to
say) that is it takes a small time to create it but the action is
considered finished (and the following branch of messages is generated)
as soon as the "command has been sent".

Any suggestions on how to check for the existence of a directory?

--
Matteo Sisti Sette
matteosistisette at gmail.com
http://www.matteosistisette.com