[PD] create folder implementation

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jan 14 17:06:03 CET 2010

colet.patrice at free.fr wrote:
> Selon Matteo Sisti Sette <matteosistisette at gmail.com>:
>
>> Any suggestions on how to check for the existence of a directory?
>>

>  it would be childish if [sys_gui] or another object would retrieve tcl console
> output, then [puts [glob -type d My-Dir]< would do the trick, or just a bang
> when tcl command is done.

as said before: we are dealing with asyncrhonous messages over the
internet here.
i don't think there is a way to do what you request (as option b)
generically.
otoh, you can do option a with [sys_gui]
something like "pd_send myrecname [ glob -type d My-Dir ]" should send
the output of the glob command back to Pd where it will magically appear
on the "myrecname" receiver.

sidenote: pd_send is what i remember; could be called slightly
differently or take more args; for details see pd.tk

mdyr
IOhannes