[PD] Glitchy problems with gem...

Marco Donnarumma devel at thesaddj.com
Thu Jan 14 18:50:14 CET 2010

Hi James,
I tried your patch on my machine (ubuntu 9.04 ashamed ATI radeon
non-supported) and it's working fine.

ATI is a crap. If you want to make serious 3d/video stuff in GEM on Linux or
you change video card, or you go back 8.04.
Meanwhile you may want to check this tips for a decent configuration of ATI
cards:

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Additional_options_for_the_radeon_driver
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RadeonDriver

this helped me to not go crazy and throw my video card... but I still can't
work properly.
hope this helps..

Marco

--
Marco Donnarumma aka TheSAD

Independent New Media Arts Professional, Performer, Teacher - Edinburgh, UK

LAB: http://www.thesaddj.com | http://cntrl.sourceforge.net |
http://www.flxer.net

EVENT: http://www.liveperformersmeeting.net