[PD] create folder implementation

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 20:12:12 CET 2010

Jack escribió:
> Maybe not nice, but it should work.

Thank you very much, that's great.
It does work, and I think it is as nice as it can be.

However, unfortunately, it is "unsafe" for my purposes because of the
[delay 0]. Well I guess it's more correct to say it is incompatible with
my patch.

At the end, I've come to the conclusion that I will pre-create the
directories. Fortunately in my application the directories to create are
like "proj0", "proj1", ... "proj127" (127 being a reasonable limit also
because they are gonna be selected via midi), and the parent folder is
only selected by the user, interactively (i.e. manually) every once in a
while (and automatically at loadbang, but never else). So I can create
127 folders when the user selects the parent directory, and quite-safely
assume enough time elapses before it's time to save something into them.

Now what worries me is that pd Extended is crashing a lot; however
chances are that it is because of [folder_list]; I hope so, because I
don't need it....

--
Matteo Sisti Sette
matteosistisette at gmail.com