[PD] loading libs in pd-gui-rewrite: undefined symbol: s_float

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Thu Jan 14 20:56:54 CET 2010

Hi all

Keen to explore the joys of the new pd-gui-rewrite, I would like to use
also some externals with it. I'm having troubles compiling them, so that
they successfully load. The issue appears at least with the following
libraries:
* zexy
* maxlib
* iemmatrix

For each when loading i get something like:
./../extra/zexy/zexy.pd_linux: ./../extra/zexy/zexy.pd_linux: undefined
symbol: s_float

I tried to compile the newest version from svn against the sources of
pd-gui-rewrite:

cd /home/roman/pd-svn/externals/zexy/
svn update
cd src
make clean
./configure --with-pd=/home/roman/pd-svn/pd-gui-rewrite
make
sudo make install
ln -s /usr/local/lib/pd/extra /home/roman/pd-svn/pd-gui-rewrite/extra

I get the above message, when doing this in the pd-gui-rewrite/src
directory:

./pd -lib zexy

Since I almost haven't seen anyone posting such problems, it seems to
me, that I'm doing something wrong, but what?

Thanks in advance

Roman