[PD] Glitchy problems with gem...

James Dunn james at 4thharmonic.com
Thu Jan 14 22:10:44 CET 2010

2010/1/14 Marco Donnarumma <devel at thesaddj.com>:

> ATI is a crap. If you want to make serious 3d/video stuff in GEM on Linux or
> you change video card, or you go back 8.04.
> Meanwhile you may want to check this tips for a decent configuration of ATI
> cards:
>
> http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Additional_options_for_the_radeon_driver
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RadeonDriver

Thanks for the thinkwiki.org link, I've not seen that one. I'm tempted
to revert to Hardy 8.04 but have read it's also possible to just
downgrade xorg. Might give this a try first. So can someone confirm
it's definitely the driver and nothing to do with gem? Just want to
make sure before I completely hack up my OS! Is there any other test I
could do?

Jack - thanks for the gemhead tip - I had tried numbering them from 1
but it was the same result.

James