[PD] create folder implementation

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 22:22:02 CET 2010

colet.patrice at free.fr escribió:

> ah, did you try the last proposition? (attached again)

I tried with:

[file mkdir d:/some/dir(

[sys_gui-r]   //your abstraction

[print]

I guess that's how it is supposed to work.

It does create the directory, but nothing comes out from the outlet.

The method seems very very interesting though: I guess it can be used
for other purposes...

However for the
moment, as I said in a previous message to Jack (who proposed a solution
similar to my approach but with [delay 0]s), any "asynchronous" solution
to the create-folder problem implies too much repatching in my project.

A "synchronous" solution
(real solution to the problem as I formulated it) seems not to be
possible, but fortunately I've realised that for my specific problem
there's a third way.

Instead of creating the directory just when
it is needed, I will create a set of directories much before, when the
parent directory is chosen (which is always done by the user
"manually"), since the names of the directories that I
need are just fixedprefix0, fixedprefix1..fixedprefixN with N<=127

So when the patch automatically creates files, the directories already
exist.

--
Matteo Sisti Sette
matteosistisette at gmail.com