[PD] Pd-vanilla 0.42.5 package for Ubuntu Hardy, Intrepid, Jaunty, Karmic, and Lucid

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Jan 14 23:22:11 CET 2010

On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 22:09 +0000, "Claude Heiland-Allen"
<claudiusmaximus at goto10.org> wrote:
> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> > I was just playing around with Launchpad and testing out recent changes
> > to the Debian 'puredata' package.  If you want a Pd-vanilla 0.42.5
> > package for Ubuntu Hardy, Intrepid, Jaunty, Karmic, or Lucid, you can
> > get them here:
> >
> > https://launchpad.net/~eighthave/+archive/pure-data
>
> There is already a Pd-vanilla 0.42.5 package for Ubuntu Karmic in the
> Puredyne PPA, along with quite a few externals (and lots of other
> software), you can get them here:
>
> https://launchpad.net/~puredyne-team/+archive/ppa
>
> Hopefully these parallel efforts can be merged at some point (I did try
> and use the Debian Sid source package but Launchpad spat errors at me
> for changing the .orig file, as I'd already uploaded one for that
> version of puredata).

I just had a look, I think we just fixed the same thing, i.e. the extra
abstractions and objects not being installed.  At quick glance, mine
looks a bit closer to piem's Debian/testing example, and is more
targeted (i.e. less * used...).  I built upon piem's and IOhannes' fixes
too, which I am not sure if you included.  They are in the 0.42.5-3 in
Debian/testing.

I mostly posted mine as an FYI, since I am just learning to use
Launchpad.  I don't plan on maintaining stuff there.  I just know that
some people are stuck on old releases due to their hardware, so its good
to have updated packages around for old releases.