[PD] Glitchy problems with gem...

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Fri Jan 15 16:32:40 CET 2010

James Dunn wrote:
> 2010/1/14 Marco Donnarumma <devel at thesaddj.com>:
>> ATI is a crap. If you want to make serious 3d/video stuff in GEM on Linux or
>> you change video card, or you go back 8.04.

[snip]

> Ok, here's an update on my gem troubles...

[snip]

> error: GEM: try setting the environment variable GEM_SINGLE_CONTEXT=1

Did you try that? In a terminal run:

GEM_SINGLE_CONTEXT=1 pd -lib Gem

(works with bash shell, other shells may differ)

If that works, then you can add this to your ~/.bashrc or similar:

export GEM_SINGLE_CONTEXT=1

> So it seems that my gem issues are not driver related? Can anyone shed
> some light on what is going on?

The GEM_SINGLE_CONTEXT=1 works for me here (Debian Lenny with old driver
version as newer versions have dropped support...  "aptitude hold" is my
friend iirc).

Claude
--
http://claudiusmaximus.goto10.org