[PD] Problem with Snow Leopard and Flext

Rich E rich.eakin at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 23:25:25 CET 2010

I have been working with a flext external in Snow Leopard, but I did not
have any success getting it to work with Pd Extended (long story, it is a
wacom external that is dealing with all the Carbon/Cocoa problems that
currently exist).

I compile everything with CFLAGS="-arch i386".  No seg faults related to
flext.  I think, from this post and the one below, that flext is linked as
64bit.  I just today had to reinstall all my pd stuff because of a hard
drive crash and after making sure everything is cleanly built as 32bit, no
problems (again, in Snow Leopard).