[PD] pd-extended - where to start from?

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 19 00:17:58 CET 2010

> My point is that there are lots of ideas of how to make this happen, but
> not enough people leading the effort.

I think it has also to do with organisation, and with agreement with the
community - that is, avoiding one. It might be eaiser to get things done
if you tell people what to do, than to wait for a community sollution.

There might be 2 ways to do this:
- organise the developers for a know format on how to give in their work,
and which conditions might apply [for now there are no conditions other
than submitting to svn]
- don't organise anything (besides svn commit), and just leave for the
goodwill of one individual (or maybe a couple at the most) in a
non-sistematic way (i.e. in the free time of one's free time) to make an
ad hoc effort now and then to keep documentation up to date. [an
impossible task]

Or I give you an idea: block compilation for all externals that are buggy
or/and have no documentation (including a pdpedia entry, if you want).
Until another developer than the code creator votes for it, it doesn't get
included. I cannot program that myself, but I offer to review
externals/abstrs in the ubuntu and windows platforms.

As I am not a programmer, I cannot say on how it works with other
programming languages with open development - also importing a working
model from any should work.

João