[PD] Pd-GUI-Rewrite 0.43 status: usable

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 19 01:09:10 CET 2010

[Kind of picky...]

In the console, there's a checkbox with the clickable text "DSP."  I know
acronyms are normally capitalized, but in this case if the text read
"dsp", the tk label/checkbox would accurately reflect the message one
sends to pd to turn audio on and off (with the checkbox fulfilling the 0/1 argument).

I think someone complained recently that DSP would be less clear to a
beginner than "compute audio."  I think that's true, so if the beginner
has to read a help file to figure out what it means, they might as well
learn the message "dsp 0" and "dsp 1" at the same time (and be reminded of
the _exact_ selector everytime they look at the console).

In a similar vein: what about "audiostatus" instead of "DIO"?

-Jonathan