[PD] recording to array in loop mode?

Lorenzo lsutton at libero.it
Tue Jan 19 08:45:14 CET 2010

>> i'd like to perform circular recording into an array, constantly
>> overwriting what has been recorded before.
>> so if you put the playhead a little behind (or before - as it's
>> circular it depends on your view) you get a simple delay.
>> as the trigger to start recording with tabwrite~ is not sample
>> accurate, i can't get a constant recording without clicks at the
>> trigger points - at least not with my limited understanding of pd.

This may seem a trivial, but you should consider that regardless
accuracy if there is a noticeable 'jump' from the last sample in the
array and the first (meaning in this case the sample in the loop and the
beginning of the loop) you would be hearing a click even with the most
perfect set-up and this is likely to happen if you are filling the array
live.

Regards,
Lorenzo